Climbing Success – GB Hopeful
- Imi Bagnall-Smith (above, VII) has had an amazing summer, taking third place in the Junior British Bouldering Championships and beating five members of the current GB Team. She has had a strong season, also coming second at the Scottish Youth Championships and medalling at several National Youth Cup events.
English National Road Relays
- More recently, two Paulinas (above) competed for Thames Valley Harriers in the English National Road Relays in Sutton Park, Birmingham which involved each of them running a 3800m lap of the course. Charlotte Buckley ran for the U15G and Alice Harray for the U17W. Both teams were placed 10th in the country with Charlotte and Alice running the twelfth and twnty-fifth fastest legs for their age groups.
Lacrosse & Netball – National Representatives
- Izzy David, Celeste Crosbie and Elinor Harris have joined the Wales Lacrosse Development Programme.
- Charlotte Buckley has been selected for the England Regional Lacrosse Academy and Victoire Gueroult has been selected for the England National Lacrosse Academy.
- Our national netball representatives continue to be Millie Quayle and Leane Pajot, with their places on England’s Regional Academy Programme.
- The British Junior Championships Regatta took place over the summer with the following results: Lara Valt and Nicola Thompson placed fifth, the WJ18.4 placed fifth and Aurelia Cowan placed sixth.
- At the Bernie Thompson, a gruelling 12km head race on the Tideway, Nicola Thompson won the junior women’s category, and was the fifth fastest women’s single.
Athletics – Records Fall
- Charlotte Buckley had stunning success at the English Schools Athletics National Final over the summer with a remarkable fifth place in the 800m. This means she is placed thirteenth nationally. She also broke two school records this summer for 800m and 300m.
- Alice Harray broke four school records this summer for 400m, 800m, 1500m and 3000m and placed twnty-third in the national rankings for the 1500m steeplechase.
Swimming – National Finalists
- Charlotte O’Leary came sixth in the British Nationals for 100m backstroke and also made the finals in the 100m and 200m backstroke at the Irish Nationals.
- Anna Stevenson competed in the Irish and English Nationals over the summer and was part of the winning 4x50m freestyle relay team in Ireland. She also came seventeenth overall in her individual 400m freestyle at the English Nationals.
- Thea Krumins competed in the English Nationals over the summer and made the finals for 50m freestyle, finishing in tenth position.
- Alex Werner finished fourth in the 200m breaststroke in the Irish Nationals over the summer and fifteenth in the 200m breaststroke at the British Nationals.
- Isabel Barnes was part of the winning 4x100m medley relay team at the London Regionals at the Olympic Park.